Peanut Butter Blossoms: Gluten Free
It is that time of year...Christmas Cookie time! I have my Aunt's recipe for peanut butter blossoms that is always a crowd pleaser, but this year wanted to try and make a healthier gluten-free recipe. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms:
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Flour (Can use store bought 1:1)
- 1 medium egg
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon Almond Milk
- 3/4 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup all natural creamy organic PB (Can substitute Almond Butter here)
- 20 Dark Chocolate Hershey's kisses
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix together flour baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Next in a large bowl whisk together the egg, almond milk and vanilla. Add in peanut butter until fully mixed, and then stir in the coconut sugar. Slowly begin to stir in the flour mixture and stir until mixed fully.
- Roll the dough with your hands into 20 small balls and place on baking sheet, flattening slightly with your hand. (You can roll into small bowl of sugar or coconut sugar, I did half of mine this way).
- Bake in oven for 8-9 Minutes. While cookies are baking unwrap the Hershey Kisses.
- Once the timer is up, snag them from the oven and press kisses into the center of each cookie. Carefully transfer to cooling rack for 5-10 minutes.
- Try not to eat all of them at once.
If you are looking for a grain free Peanut butter blossom recipe check out this one from Fit Foodie Finds I made a batch of these as well and they came out delicious. Slightly more PB flavor in them!
Let me know if you try them!!