Recipe: Sweet Potato Pecan Bake
Hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. This year we spent Thanksgiving with my husband's side of the family and it was a FULL day... full of delicious food, drink, and great company. Because this Thanksgiving had a large number of guests, we all chipped in and brought different things to share. Today I wanted to share with you my recipe for the Sweet Potato Pecan Bake I made. And I have a feeling it went over well, (there wasn't a single bite left over!)
Sweet Potato Pecan Bake by Emmy Katz Wellness
- 7 large sweet potatoes peeled and sliced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Tbs. of cinnamon
- 2/3 cup almond milk (or coconut milk)
- 1 Tbs. of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 Tbs. of coconut oil
- several clicks of fresh ground pepper and sprinkle of sea salt
For the topping:
- 1 cup of pecans coarsely chopped ( optional along with enough whole pecans to line the dish for presentation)
- 1-2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 3-4 tablespoons of almond or coconut flour
- 3/4 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. of honey or maple syrup to drizzle over the topping once in pan
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a 9-13 inch baking dish with cooking spray or coconut oil. While the oven is preheating bring sweet potatoes to a boil in a large pot of water and cook until sweet potatoes are soft. Once they have softened drain water, add ingredients and using a hand mixer combine until smooth consistency. Place sweet potato into baking dish.
For the topping combine ingredients and mix. Top over the sweet potatoes and line the pan with whole pecans. Last add the honey or maple syrup drizzle. Place in oven for 25 minutes and enjoy!
PS this recipe can make a delicious side dish or even breakfast the next day!
What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving dishes?