Pumpkin & Fig Green Smoothie Bowl Recipe
While I was grocery shopping in Trader Joe's last week I was met with the large variety of pumpkin products that they carry. Some people get annoyed, but I just love it! It reminds me it is Fall, and also helps to cultivate a little more fun in the grocery experience. I grabbed a can of organic pumpkin puree and also spotted some organic frozen whole figs. Then came a little experimentation and the recipe below. Give it a try, especially before the weather turns chillier!
Pumpkin & Fig Green Smoothie Bowl
Author: Emmy Katz
Yields: 1 smoothie bowl
Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 Frozen Figs (I used Trader Joes)
- 1/2 Tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 2-3 ice cubes
- 1 T Cacao nibs
- 1 T unsweetened coconut flakes
- Sliced banana
- Sprinkle of granola (I used Paleonola)
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Place all smoothie bowl ingredients into blender and blend until smooth consistency and there are no spinach leaf pieces.
- Pour into bowl and top with above ingredients or get creative with what you have at home (sliced almonds, walnuts, hemp seeds)... enjoy!