5 Healthy Blueberry Recipes:
Last Friday I shared with you 5 Health Benefits of Blueberries, and today I wanted to share some fun recipes to go along with that!
- Flourless Blueberry Banana Muffins by Making Thyme for Health. These can be made Gluten Free with GF oats, and I have tried making them with a Flax eggs for my Vegan friends out there too!
- Blueberry Lemon + Quinoa Slice By My Darling Lemon Thyme. I sent this recipe to my Mom a few weeks ago who made it for some family members, they really enjoyed it!
- Blueberry Kale Smoothie by Gimme Some Oven. Yes. Gimme the greens!
- Blueberry Banana Pancakes (GF, V) by Love and Lemons. First I need to swoon over every picture in this blog. Beautiful, artistic, and makes you wish you could reach right through your screen.
- Blueberry Chia Seed Jam by Emmy Katz Wellness. I made this jam to go with some oat bars the other day and it is easy and so yummy. I however forgot to wear an apron and thus ended up wearing some jam. Luckily it came out in the wash ;)
Here is the quick and easy recipe for Blueberry Chia seed jam:
- 1 cup blueberries: fresh is the best (Can also use frozen but just run them under water to thaw and rinse)
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon chia seeds
Using a small saucepan heat over medium on the stovetop. Add all of the ingredients and stirring often, combine ingredients over 12 minutes. Using a fork or potato masher smash the blueberries into jam consistency. Set aside to cool. Place the jam in a bowl or jar in the refrigerator for 20 minutes and it will firm up even further. Serve over a sliced muffin, sprouted bread, or even top over pancakes as a compote!
Let me know if you try any of the recipes & share some of your favorite blueberry recipes below!